Since the church is a sacred place of prayer and worship, appropriate professional and reverent behavior is expected at all times on church premises. The overriding principle for a photographer or videographer is to be as inconspicuous and discreet as possible.
Couples must provide their photographer and/or videographer with a copy of the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart wedding guidelines. Before contracting with these services, couples must be sure the following policies are acknowledged and will be followed:
- The photographer and videographer must check in with the priest or deacon before the wedding liturgy begins.
- Pictures and video may be taken in the church prior to the ceremony but ending 15 minutes prior to the service. Please consult the parish office for the time allotted for the usage of the church.
- The photographer and/or videographer is allowed only in designated areas, such as the choir loft or behind the main assembly. The inner sanctuary, area in front of/near the tabernacle, or area in front of the assembly are strictly forbidden. The videographer is encouraged to remain stationary throughout the ceremony and for adequate recording of sound, to connect into the Church's sound system.
- There is to be no artificial lighting or flash photography during the ceremony. The procession is not to be stopped or interrupted once it has begun.
- All photos should be respectful of the sacred nature of the liturgy and space, therefore couples must avoid poses that are cutesy, sexual in nature, or distract from the sacred focus on worship.