This Section Applies to all Baptized Persons
All baptized persons seeking to either (1) complete their initiation in the Catholic Church, or (2) wish to become Catholic are required to submit a copy of their baptism certificate. The proof of Baptism for all participants must be submitted before the Rite of Acceptance occurs. Note the following specific requirements:
1. Non-Catholic: A person baptized in a Christian church, in the Trinitarian Formula with Water, will need to provide a copy of proof of their baptism (certificate, announcement, letter from witness, copy of church ledger page).
2. Catholic: A person baptized in the Catholic Church must provide a NEW certificate of Baptism from the parish where they were baptized, and this certificate must be dated within the current six month period. We do not accept old original certificates presented to the parents on the original date of baptism. Catholics must contact the parish where they were baptized in to request a new certificate with the appropriate date notations.
* Note for Catholics - this is a universal requirement within the Catholic Church, not a Co-Cathedral or Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston policy. Those who were baptized in other countries, regardless of where, are not exempt from this requirement.
This Section Applies to all un-baptized Persons
Prior to the scheduled initiation with Baptism, Confirmation, and First Holy Communion, the un-baptized adult must furnish the following information:
* Please note: We are not permitted to omit a parent's name if they are listed on either Birth or Adoption record, due to strained relationship. Either both parents are listed, or neither.
- Copy of Birth Certificate; or
- Copy of Formal Adoption Decree
- Names of parents listed on either of above listed records.*