"There are no volunteers in the Church;
only people responding to the call of discipleship."
There are lots of ways to volunteer your time and talent to CCE. During the school year we need catechists, assistant catechists, hall monitors, substitute catechists and after class Bible Study leaders. During the summer months we are looking for Vacation Bible School volunteers and helping hands in the nursery. Can’t commit to regular volunteering? There are many opportunities to help throughout the year (Christmas party, family programs, bake sales, etc.) so please keep checking this page for new and upcoming opportunities.
Weekly Commitment Opportunities:
- Catechists (teachers) and Assistant Catechists (1 - 8 grade) - NEEDED
- Confirmation Team Member (9 - 12 grade) - NEEDED
- Nursery/Early Childhood Education Assistant (16+) - NEEDED
Monthly Commitment Opportunities:
- RCIA 4 Children Team Member, assist in facilitating an intergenerational Family Class for families with older, unbaptized children. - NEEDED
Occasional Volunteer Opportunities:
The Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart is committed to providing a safe environment for all our parishioners, especially our children. Therefore, all parish programs abide by the Safe Environment: Protecting God’s Children policies put forth by the U.S. Bishops. All volunteers who have regular, ongoing interaction with children are obligated to complete Virtus training through the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. Visit the archdiocesan website for more information. Youth 16 years and older may volunteer their time and talent when accompanied by an adult. Youth under the age of 16 may volunteer when accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Hospitality Team - help make a welcoming atmosphere for a variety of CCE special events; such as First Communion reception, parent meetings, guest priests for First Penance, breakfast for Confirmation students on retreat, and more. NEEDED
- Family Liturgy Committee Chair - ideal leader would have an understanding of the Catholic liturgical calendar and experience in bringing the liturgy into the home. Projects to consider: Family Mass, Children's Christmas Pageant, Family Stations of the Cross, etc. - NEEDED
- Family Liturgy Committee Members- ideal volunteers would have a desire to understand and celebrate the Catholic liturgical calendar more fully.