The Holy Spirit moves the hearts of us all in different ways, and at different times. "The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the Holy Spirit."
To better cooperate with the movement of the Holy Spirit working in the lives of his people, the Co-Cathedral provides Year-Round R.C.I.A. While year-round R.C.I.A. is not by any means new, it is new to this parish. Below are some highlights of how this process works:
Year-Round R.C.I.A. for you means:
* We can welcome a person to begin the process at any time of the year! No more waiting until the next "school year" to begin!
* The un-baptized, and/or baptized but un-catechized enjoy a full liturgical year or more of catechesis through prayer, study, reflection, and action. (The minimum time in this phase of the R.C.I.A. for an un-baptized person, or baptized but un-catechized person is one full liturgical year.)
* The baptized catechized person still benefits from all four phases of the R.C.I.A. but the duration in those periods are determined according to their specific needs. No more "one size fits all!"
* We may receive a non-Catholic baptized & catechized candidate for Profession of Faith throughout the year!
* The catechetical meetings are stretched over a full liturgical year - which means, a more flexible schedule and more time to include special parish or community events! Like a merry-go-round, it is continually moving and people enter and exit at different times, according to their journey.
* Fuller integration into the parish community through the R.C.I.A.; by the time one is initiated either by Profession of Faith, or full initiation with baptism, a person is already deeply connected to the Co-Cathedral parish family.