Adult Confirmation Preparation begins March 11, 2014.
Interviews will begin the week of January 5, 2014. Please review the instructions below prior to scheduling your initial interview:
1. Read in entirety the material on "Adult Confirmation Preparation and Requirements." Check the dates that classes are offered (on this page) and be sure you have no conflicts. Attendance at all sessions is required. Other parishes offer classes at different times/days - it may be necessary to prepare elsewhere if you are not able to fit our schedule into your commitments.
2. Schedule an interview by either e-mail or phone call to the parish office. All interviews are by appointment only. Our receptionists will set the appointment for you. The interview is with the Director of Adult Education.
3. Complete the interview. Please note that interviews are made with the expectation that if you must cancel or re-schedule, that you give at least 8 hours notice. This will help us with scheduling, and prevents unnecessary evening hours.
4. Order your new Baptism certificate w/notations by contacting the church where you were baptized. You may have the new certificate mailed directly to the Director, scanned & e-mailed, or bring it by yourself. Do not bring your old certificate issued at the time of your baptism as a child, or your First Holy Communion certificate: these are unacceptable. This requirement applies to all adult Catholics, regardless of country of origin.
5. Purchase or find required books for class, and notebook. Books are: Catechism of the Catholic Church ($9.00 pocket-size) and Catholic Bible (New American paperback - $5.00). The parish will have these books available for purchase on the first and second day of class at the prices listed. You may also purchase them on your own, or bring your own copies from home. Your bible may be another translation, such as New Jerusalem, as long as it is a Catholic Bible.